Eight is enough
July 5, 2007
Laura tagged me with this little crazy 8 meme that has been making the rounds. Let’s roll:
- I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
- Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog, you need to
choose eight people to get tagged and list their namestell people to volunteer. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.Doesn’t everyone read my blog? 🙂
Eight random facts/habits about the author:
- I really enjoy technical creation. It’s why I enjoy my job so much. Creativity within certain rules. I would love to design web-sites and the like. I just don’t have enough time to pursue it at length. That and my life is apparently going in a different direction.
- I enjoy the Easter time Peeps marshmallow treats. As I kid I could easily wolf down a whole box. Now I can only handle two or three at a time. But I still like them.
- I really enjoy learning Greek. A whole lot. I think I would have enjoyed my original choice for a major at MBC, NT Greek. My brother talked me out of it and I went with his recommendation of Speech Comm. I’m very glad I picked Speech Comm… but part of me wonders…
- For some reason, not sure why, but getting addicted to World of Warcraft sounds like a ton of fun. But there’s this whole wife and family thing I’ve got going on.
- I wish there was a not uncomfortable way to talk about sex with people other than your spouse. I think there is immense value in the knowledge that you’re not alone on something (a view, a thought, a preference), but there just isn’t really a means in this culture to do so openly, yet tactfully. There is only one other couple that Steph and I are friends with that we can talk about sex in a comfortable, upfront yet respectful manner. Obviously there is discretion in it, but I still wish it wasn’t quite so taboo.
- A lot of times, on the way to get the mail, I will think to myself, “Hey, I wonder if anybody sent us money…”
- U2 is now one of my favorite bands. It was not always like this though. My first girlfriend was a HUGE fan of U2 back in the mid 90s before U2 was fully part of the mainstream and before Bono was very much in the Public Eye with all his charity/awareness work. We (in youth group) all thought she was kinda strange for liking that weird band. She had it right; we were wrong.
- Stephanie-submitted random fact about the author: “Allen thinks it’s dumb when women dye their hair back to their natural color.” It’s true. It’s a gigantic waste of money. But that’s just me.